[st_content_ad]Travelon is well known in the travel world as a maker of attractive and practical anti-theft bags. I already own a small Travelon crossbody bag, which is just the right size for a phone, a point-and-shoot camera, and a few credit cards—but when I recently upgraded to an entry-level DSLR camera, I realized I’d need a larger purse. That’s when I decided to try the Travelon Anti-Theft Parkview Hobo Crossbody, which measures 13 x 11 x 3 inches and has all the security features I appreciated in my smaller bag.
I tested the Parkview Hobo Crossbody over a long weekend trip; here’s how it performed.
Travelon Anti-Theft Parkview Hobo Crossbody Review:
Price and Where to Buy: $89 on the Travelon website.
How the Travelon Anti-Theft Parkview Hobo Crossbody Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. This bag was big enough to hold everything I needed without being so voluminous that I couldn’t easily find what I was looking for. I was able to fit a small DSLR camera, phone, wallet, water bottle, and sunglasses’ case without a problem. The bag has four zippered pockets—two on the outside and two on the inside—including one with RFID-blocking technology. It also has two internal sleeves for small items such as eyeglasses or a cell phone. The built-in strap is sized to go over the shoulder, but there’s an optional crossbody strap as well. (One quibble: I wish there were a way to detach the shoulder strap when you’re not using it.) Anti-theft features include slash-resistant straps and body panels, as well as locking features for all exterior zippers.
- Value: 9/10. This bag is reasonably priced for its quality and features.
- Durability: 10/10. The Parkview Hobo Crossbody feels sturdy and well made.
- Portability: 10/10. Of course, a bag is portable by definition, and this one will fold away flat if you need to store it or pack it.
- Cool Factor: 9/10. The bag is sleek and attractive, and the theft-resistant features are particularly cool.
Final Verdict: This bag holds everything you need in a well-organized way and has clever anti-theft features to boot.
[amazon_native_ad search=”crossbody bags”]
More from SmarterTravel:
Follow Sarah Schlichter on Twitter @TravelEditor for more travel tips and inspiration.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.