Price and Where to Buy: $85 on Tilley.com.
How the Tilley Charlotte Hemp Sun Hat Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. With its broad brim and 50+ UPF rating, this hat delivers real sun protection. It’s exceptionally comfortable to wear (owing, in part, to Tilley’s actual hat sizes, meaning you’ll get a hat that fits your head). And, it adds a note of glamour to any outfit.
- Value: 10/10. For $85, you get a hat that’s guaranteed for life and delivers extras like wind-cord systems (to keep the hat from blowing away in windy conditions), a moisture-wicking sweatband, and a secret pocket.
- Portability & Durability: 8/10. While this hat fits well in a tote, it’s a bit big to stow in a smaller purse or daypack on the go. And because it’s white, it’s important to take a bit of extra care about where you toss it when you’re not wearing it to prevent it from getting dirty.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. This hat looks great, and dresses up even casual travel-wear.
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for your next long-term travel hat, and want an option that marries form and function, you’d do well to consider Tilley’s Charlotte Hemp Sun Hat.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Essential Multipurpose Tools for Travel
- 11 Must-Have Travel Accessories (That You Don’t Already Have)
- 10 Best Travel Tech Gadgets for Your Phone
[amazon_native_ad search=”travel hat”]
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.