Tiko, i.e. the “Away of soft-sided luggage,” is a direct-to-consumer luggage product that launched late in 2018. With an affordable price and stylish looks, it’s a worthy addition for soft-sided carry-on bag lovers.
[st_related]10 Underseat Carry-on Bags You Can Take on Any Flight[/st_related]
Price and where to buy it: On Tiko’s website for $195.
How the Tiko Carry-on Rates:
- Usefulness: 9/10. The Tiko Carry-on has a large capacity for a carry-on and because of the soft-sided material, overpackers can squeeze in just “one more thing” if you really want to. The Tiko Carry-on complies with most major U.S. airlines’ carry-on restrictions including Delta, United, American, JetBlue, and Southwest.
- Value: 9/10. You can’t find well-constructed carry-on bags much cheaper, and being direct-to-consumer, you know you’re getting the best deal on this bag. There is also a five-year warranty on the bag for replacement or repair.
- Durability: 8/10. The waxed canvas is water-resistant and sturdy. The bag is also made with Hinomoto spinner wheels, which are the o.g. of spinner wheels. My only concern is that the light color might get dirty, but you can spot clean it if needed.
- Portability: 10/10. The Tiko Carry-on is super lightweight, weighing only 7.2 lbs. I also really like the easy-access zip-top pocket at the top of the bag.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. Soft-sided luggage often gets overshadowed by Instagram-famous hard-sided luggage brands. Well, Tiko is making soft-sided luggage cool again with affordable pricing and a smart design.
Final Verdict: Tiko leaves the fussiness aside with this minimalist bag. I love the design, construction, and spaciousness.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The Essential Carry-on Bag Packing List
- One Shoe Trip? Here Are the Best Pairs That Do It All
- The Ultimate Packing List
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.