Pack these two portable items in your car, and you can have a gym that’s better than the ones in most hotels wherever you go. I tested out two products that are perfect for working out in vacation rentals or hotel rooms: the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells and the ProsourceFit Tri-Fold Folding Exercise Mat.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells Review:
Price and Where to Buy: The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells are available on Bowflex’s website and on Amazon for $249. You can add in a stand for the weights for an additional $119 on Amazon or $139 on Bowflex’s website.
[st_content_ad]How the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells Rate:
- Usefulness: 10/10. These dumbbells allow you to get in a great strength workout pretty much anywhere. You simply turn a dial to adjust the weight on each dumbbell. Weights can be adjusted in 2.5 pound increments from 5 pounds up to 52.5 pounds.
- Portability: 7/10. The amount of space these dumbbells take up is surprisingly small. You could easily fit these in the trunk of your car and still have plenty of room for luggage. Obviously, the dumbbells are heavy (since they offer weights of up to 52.5 pounds each), but they fit neatly into a base that protects floors and keeps them organized. They can replace 15 sets of dumbbells, making this a much more portable solution.
- Durability: 10/10. The weights use durable metal plates combined with a sturdy molding that helps prevent the weights from clanging into each other.
- Ease of Use: 10/10. You can switch between different weight amounts in seconds, with just a turn of a dial, making these weights very easy to use.
Final Verdict: Keep up with your strength training on the road with the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells.
ProsourceFit Tri-Fold Folding Exercise Mat Review:
[st_content_ad]How the ProsourceFit Tri-Fold Exercise Mat Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. This mat is much thicker than a yoga mat, so you can comfortably use it on any type of flooring. It is comfortable for weightlifting, stretching, or even working out outside.
- Portability: 8/10. Although thick, the mat easily folds down to be a third of its size when fully extended. It comes with carrying handles that make it easy to transport.
- Durability: 10/10. This mat is made of a tough foam that will last through many workouts. It is waterproof and can be easily wiped clean after use.
- Ease of Use: 10/10. Simply unfold it for your workout, and fold it up when you’re done.
Final Verdict: The ProsourceFit Tri-Fold Exercise Mat makes workouts comfortable just about anywhere.
More from SmarterTravel:
- The Best Travel Workout Gear
- 11 Performance-Wear Outfits You’ll Actually Want to Wear While Traveling
- 10 Best Workout Clothes and Tools for Travel
Caroline Morse Teel is always on the hunt for the newest and best travel gear. Follow her on Instagram @TravelWithCaroline.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.