What is it: The Leaf by Bellabeat, smart jewelry that helps track your activities.
Price and Where to Buy the Leaf: Starts at $119 on Bellabeat’s website.
- Can be worn discreetly—we clipped ours on to the side of our boot and it was unnoticeable, unlike traditional fitness trackers
- Stylish design comes in silver or rose gold
- Can be worn as a necklace, bracelet, or clipped on
- Battery lasts for up to six months without charging
- Wirelessly syncs with your smartphone
- 14 day memory
- Can set silent reminder and wake-up alarms
- Tracks and analyzes your sleep
- Monitors your activities (customize your goal for active minutes or steps)
- Can set an inactive alarm to alert you if you’ve been sedentary too long
- Includes breathing exercises to help you relax
- Not water-resistant, although it can stand up to sweat during a workout
How the Leaf Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. The Leaf is a great way to make sure that you’re getting enough physical activity throughout the day.
- Value: 9/10. The materials are high quality, and this is a good price for a fitness tracker.
- Portability: 10/10. Since the Leaf can be worn in so many different ways, you can conceal it if you want or show it off like jewelry. It’s also small and lightweight.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. The design is unique and much cooler than other wearables on the market.
Final Verdict: If you want to track your activities and sleep, but hate wearing a rubber bracelet like the FitBit, the Leaf is a great and stylish choice.
Want to win a Leaf for yourself? We’re giving away one to a lucky reader over on our Facebook page.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org