Skyroam Hotspot Review
What Is It:
The Skyroam is a personal Wi-Fi hotspot device offering secure, unlimited data coverage in more than 65 countries.
Price and Where to Buy Skyroam Hotspot:
In the Box:
- Skyroam Hotspot
- Micro USB charging cable
- Connects up to five devices
- Offers global coverage through 3G/4G connection and local data routing
- Unlimited data per day pass
- Offers secure, encrypted connections with speeds up to 42 Mbps for downloads and 21 Mbps for uploads
- Connects in over 65 world-spanning nations
- Small, lightweight, and at just over 4 inches in length, easily fits in a pocket
- No more overage roaming charges, buying local SIM cards, or locating free (but untrustworthy) Wi-Fi hotspots
- Straightforward and easy to use device and website
- After the initial five free day passes, purchase of additional day passes costs a hefty $10 per pass
- Battery’s quick to die; carry a device charger if on the go
- In our test run, device couldn’t connect while riding high-speed, above-ground train
How Skyroam Hotspot Rates:
- Usefulness: 8/10. The Skyroam will connect you just about anytime/anywhere, but travelers that’ll find this gadget most useful are those looking to connect to a network for extended periods of time.
- Value: 6/10. Clocking in at $125, the device itself isn’t cheap and neither is the day-use fee of $10 per day.
- Portability: 10/10. For Wi-Fi devices, it doesn’t get lighter or more compact than this.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. It’s cool to connect!
We liked the Skyroam’s ability to quickly and safely connect just about anywhere, but the device’s $125 price tag and day-use fees may not be justifiable to everyday travelers. However, this device is a great investment and extremely cost effective at $10 per day for business travelers and those on working vacations who’ll maximize use of the unlimited data coverage.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.