What is it: A scarf with an inflatable neck pillow.
Price and Where to Buy: Starts at $40 for the scarf only on Sleeper Scarf’s website. SmarterTravel readers can get 20 percent off using the promo code: TRAVELSMART20.
- The pillow is actually surprisingly comfortable
- Soft fabric (95 percent cotton and 5 percent Spandex)
- Neck pillow is removable, so you can wear this as a normal scarf when not in use
- Scarf is large enough to drape over your eyes as a makeshift eye mask
- Machine washable
- Looks like a regular scarf when you’re not using the pillow
The pillow was weirdly noisy when being inflated. Plus, you’re blowing into your scarf, so you might get some weird looks on the plane.
How it Rates:
- Usefulness: 10/10. We always bring a neck pillow and a scarf (for warmth) on long flights. The Sleeper Scarf combines both.
- Value: 7/10. It’s $40 if you only buy the scarf and use your own pillow (must have a right side inflate valve to work), or $55 for the scarf with an included basic neck pillow, or $65 for a scarf with an easy-inflate pillow. Use the promo code: TRAVELSMART20 to get 20 percent off.
- Durability: 10/10. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of both the scarf and the neck pillow—both were nicer than many stand-alone scarfs or pillows we’ve bought.
- Portability: 10/10. It actually wouldn’t be too obtrusive to wear the deflated neck pillow within the scarf while you layover in an airport or wait for your flight, and it’s nice that you can take out the pillow and it’s a normal scarf.
- Cool Factor: 8/10. The Sleeper Scarf is so crazy that it’s pretty cool.
Final Verdict: We were prepared to mock this wacky-sounding idea endlessly, but it turned out we kind of love it! The pillow within the scarf is actually really comfortable and cozy when inflated, and the scarf on it’s own is fairly stylish. Plus, if you don’t have the pillow zipped into the scarf, you can use the pocket to hold your keys and wallet while out and about, so you don’t need to carry a purse. Turns out the Sleeper Scarf is actually a pretty cool invention!
(Photo: Sleeper Scarf)
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews, or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at email@example.com.