InterContinental Hotel Group’s next points promotion, Share Forever, begins next month and features bonuses for both the member’s own IHG Rewards account and to share with other program members.
Between May 1 and September 5, IHG Rewards members can earn “at least 65,000 bonus points – plus a free night to share.”
This is another personalized promotion, with various different offers available to program members with different profiles and stay histories. As an IHG Rewards member with very little activity, my offer was as follows:
- 4,000 bonus points after the first night stayed by May 31; 1,000 bonus points for the first night between June 1 and September 5
- 1,200 additional bonus points for completing two nights
- 2,800 additional bonus points after four nights
- 20,000 additional bonus points after nine nights
- 40,000 additional bonus points after 34 nights
That’s a total of 68,000 bonus points, after 34 paid nights. In addition, I was offered 1,000 bonus points to share with another member after one night, and a free night to share after 15 nights.
As discussed on FlyerTalk, more active program members are receiving more lucrative offers. To determine your personalized offer, log onto the IHG website with your Rewards membership credentials.
Registration is required.
RELATED: The 10 Best Hotel Booking Sites
Deal or No Deal
For me, the outsize payoff comes early (4,000 bonus points after the first night) and late (68,000 bonus points after 34 nights). With the exception of the free night after 15 nights, the in-between bonuses are less than compelling.
But that’s my offer; yours may be quite different.
One definite upside to the promotion is its duration, at more than four months. That at least gives travelers a fighting chance of achieving some of the higher bonus thresholds.
Reader Reality Check
How many bonus points are you likely to earn from this promotion?
More from SmarterTravel:
- When It Comes to Airports, Smaller Is Better
- Alaska-Virgin America Merger Begets Sadness, Skepticism
- American Nixes No-Fee 24-Hour Reservations Hold
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.