Overall, Delta’s SkyMiles program has established itself as one of the industry’s least generous loyalty schemes. To play, you’ll pay. But with this limited-time award sale, you can at least pay less.
Through April 21, SkyMiles members can book select business-class award trips to Europe for 105,000 or 115,000 miles roundtrip, plus taxes and fees. Eligible travel dates: June 3 through October 29.
Among the discounted city pairs listed on the promotion’s landing page:
- Atlanta to Frankfurt or Rome for 105,000 miles
- Boston to London or Paris for 105,000 miles
- New York to Frankfurt, Manchester, Shannon, or Zurich for 105,000 miles
- Salt Lake City to London or Paris for 115,000 miles
The list on Delta’s website is not comprehensive. Other discounted Europe destinations can be found by using the online-booking app and keying in your desired origin and destination cities.
Business-class roundtrips normally require at least 125,000 miles, and sometimes considerably more. So the discounts represented by the limited-time pricing can be substantial. And while the available travel dates may be off-season for business travel, they’d be a fine time for a Europe vacation.
Reader Reality Check
More from SmarterTravel:
- Is This the ‘Golden Age of Flying’?
- Starwood Points Now Transfer to Virgin America
- Alaska-Virgin America Merger Begets Sadness, Skepticism
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.