Understandably, Virgin America loyalists are an unsettled lot, with their perky, tech-forward airline now set to be absorbed by an airline whose personality is represented by a scowling Eskimo.
Where might those disenfranchised Virgin flyers turn if, as expected, Alaska Airlines dumbs down and sanitizes the Virgin America experience? There’s only one option, really: JetBlue. (Which explains why JetBlue would have been a better merger partner. But that’s another blog post.)
By way of nudging them to do just that, JetBlue this week rolled out a limited-time offer, a sweepstakes, hashtagged #JetBlueVirgins.
Enter the JetBlue “Calling All JetBlue Virgins” sweepstakes by April 13, 2016, for a chance to win one of 50 grand prizes: each a “JetBlue Travel Certificate valid for the base fare of a non-stop, round-trip JetBlue flight (excluding taxes and fees) between New York, NY (JFK) and either San Francisco, CA (SFO), Long Beach, CA (LGB), Los Angeles, CA (LAX) or Las Vegas (LAS).”
To enter, provide the requested contact information (name, email, etc.) on the sweepstakes landing page and press “Submit.” Done! Time required to participate: less than 30 seconds.
The Fine Print
- Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of California and New York who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and have never flown on JetBlue.
- Limit: one entry per person.
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each grand prize: $299.
Somebody has to win, right? Might as well be you.
Reader Reality Check
Which U.S. airline is the best alternative to Virgin America?
More from SmarterTravel:
- Airline Quality Improves, Even as Complaints Rise
- Southwest Partners with Rideshare Service
- Alaska Air’s Bad Day – Highlights and Lowlights
After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. Follow him on Twitter @twinship.