Spanning from Jupiter to Boca Raton, Palm Beach covers a good portion of Florida’s southern East Coast. Here’s how to do it in a weekend.
Hotel: Kimpton’s Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, Palm Beach. Located directly in the middle of the Palm Beach area, it’s about a 15 to 20-minute car ride from either Delray or West Palm, letting you experience all Palm Beach has to offer. The resort has free bike rentals, a spa, 24-hour fitness center, pool with cabanas and food/drink service, beach access with food/drink service, and an indoor and outdoor restaurant and bar. If you’re bringing your furry friend, Kimpton hotels are pet-friendly, and they also have a free daily evening happy hour.
Friday: Arrive in the late morning or early afternoon for check-in and settle into the hotel. After, use the resort’s free bikes to explore the area beaches and downtown Lake Worth. Return to the hotel and head up to CityPlace in West Palm for dinner and a movie or show at the movie theatre, comedy club, or Harriet Himmel Theater. If you’re up for it, stop at any of the numerous clubs or bars in the plaza after.
Saturday: Head up to downtown West Palm’s GreenMarket (open Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm) for bottomless mimosas, cider donuts, and delicious iced coffee. Then, head down to the waterfront for a midday kayak, jet ski, or paddleboard excursion via Visit Palm Beach. If you’re up for brunch and shopping, there are some great spots on nearby Clematis Street, or head to higher-end Worth Ave., or the Norton Museum of Art for an entirely different experience. Return back to the hotel for dinner, and, if you’re looking to go out, head either to Atlantic Ave. in Delray for the bars and clubs, or back to Clematis Street.
Sunday: Enjoy the late check-out (12 pm) at Tideline and indulge in a spa treatment after your weekend in the sun. Catch a few more rays at the hotel pool or beach, then head to lunch at the Four Seasons Palm Beach next door before heading to the airport.
Extra Day: If you’re going for a long weekend or extending your stay, rent a car for the day (or ask for the hotel to arrange transportation for you) and head north of West Palm to Juno Beach Park, Singer Island Municipal Beach, or Jupiter Park for the day to experience a different beach. Or head south to Gulfstream Park or Atlantic Dunes Park in Delray.
Bar & Restaurant Recommendations:
- Rocco’s Tacos, West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, & Boca Raton
- Agora Mediterranean Kitchen, West Palm Beach
- Benny’s on the Beach, Lake Worth
- Wine Dive, West Palm Beach
- Lynora’s Oysteria, West Palm Beach
- Echo Palm Beach
- Suri Tapas Bar, Lake Worth
- Kavasutra Kava Bar, Delray Beach
- Backyard Bar at Palm Beach Hibiscus B&B, West Palm Beach
- Singer Island Municipal Beach, Singer Island
- Juno Beach Park, Juno Beach
- Lake Worth Municipal Beach, Lake Worth
- Gulfstream Park, Delray
- Jupiter Beach Park, Jupiter
- Atlantic Dunes Park, Delray
More from SmarterTravel:
- 10 Best Places to Go in Florida
- Hidden Florida: The 10 Best-Kept Secrets
- 10 Best Beach Towns in Florida