If your eyes haven’t been opened to the magical organization powers of packing cubes, it’s time you hop on the compressed-cube bandwagon. However, there are a lot of different types of packing cubes out there that come in all colors, styles, and price points. For this review, I’m looking at the pricier end of the spectrum to see if they’re worth the extra bucks. Available in small and large sizes, Hook & Albert’s packing cubes can be purchased as a set or individually.
Price and where to buy: $60 for the set (one large cube and one small cube) on Hook & Albert’s website.
How the Hook & Albert Packing Cubes Rate:
- Usefulness: 7/10. As far as packing your clothes goes, these cubes are useful and the compression zipper holds up even when the bag is stuffed to the brim. However, I wish the cubes would keep their boxy shape when still compressed instead of tapering down at the corners. This makes for some awkward empty spaces when packed in a suitcase.
- Value: 6/10. The packing cubes are pretty pricey for what they are, but they’re well constructed with premium nylon and gunmetal-plated zippers.
- Durability: 10/10. It’s obvious that a lot of thought went into the product when it comes to construction and materials, which put it leagues above more cheaply constructed packing cubes in terms of durability.
- Cool Factor: 10/10. These gender-neutral bags are sleek and professional.
Final Verdict: Now that more people are using packing cubes, there are a lot of options to sift through, but if you want cubes that will look professional in your bag and last forever, the Hook & Albert set will do right by you.
More from SmarterTravel:
- 6 Best Packing Cubes Ever
- The 23 Best Travel Accessories for Type-A Personalities
- 9 Amazing Things You Can Only Do in First Class or Business Class
[amazon_native_ad search=”packing cubes stylish”]
Jamie Ditaranto is a writer and photographer always looking for her next adventure. Follow her on Twitter @jamieditaranto.
Editor’s Note: Reviews are based on usefulness, portability, durability, value, and “cool factor.” Some review products are sent to us free of charge and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. We offer our unbiased opinions, positive and negative, and will never accept compensation to review a product. If you have any questions or comments concerning our reviews or would like to suggest a product for review, please email us at editor@.