[st_content_ad]See our recommendations on where to go, what to eat and drink, where to stay, and places to see in Boston, Massachusetts. Only four hours by car and train from New York City, Boston makes a great weekend getaway, so whether you’re looking to book your next vacation in the Bean or are a long-time resident, we’ve rounded up our favorite spots in the city we call home. Check out the best places in Boston.
Follow all of our SmarterTravel Guides on our Pinterest board.
More from SmarterTravel:
- Boston Travel Guide
- 10 Best Hotels in Boston
- 10 Best Cheap Hotels in Boston
- 10 Great Hotels Near Fenway Park in Boston
- 10 Fun Things to Do in Boston
- 10 Must-See Boston Attractions
- 10 Best Day Trips from Boston
- 10 Best Cheap Eats in Boston
- 9 Best Italian Restaurants in Boston
- The 10 Best Boston Food Trucks
- What to Wear in Boston
- What to Pack for Boston
[viator_tour destination=”678″ type=”3-mod”]
Editor’s Note: This story was first written in 2016. It has been updated to reflect the most current information.